Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'm Through With Love

I put away your photograph 
And turn out all the lights 
But I can’t seem to make myself forget 
’cause every time I close my eyes 
And see your face again 
I realize that’s all that I have left 

I’m through with love 
I’m through with pain 
Don’t wanna feel that way again 
’cause if you’re gone for good 
I’ll never be the same 

I thought that what we had was real 
But maybe I’m a fool 
Who only sees the things he wants to see 
’cause it seems that when I need you most 
I find myself alone 
And I know that’s not the way love’s supposed to be 

I’m through with love 
And sad goodbyes 
Can’t take the lows 
Don’t want those highs 
This heart needs time to mend 
I’m through with love, my friend 

Well, maybe someday if the feeling comes again 
I won’t remember how it hurt but until then 

I’m through with love 
I’m through with pain 
Don’t wanna feel that way again 
’cause if you’re gone for good 
I’ll never be the same 

I’m through with love 
And sad goodbyes 
Can’t take the lows 
Don’t want those highs 
This heart needs time to mend 
’cause if we’ve reached the end 
Till I can feel again 
I’m through with love, my friend 


(I'm Through With Love, Eric Carmen)

What do you think people when you read that lyric? Especially for the one-sided love?

Gw baru dapet referensi lagu bagus itu dari salah satu sahabat gw, Cyndi. Dan reaksi yang muncul pertama kali setelah dengerin dan baca liriknya, tanpa sadar air mata gw menetes, ditambah lagi perasaan gw emang lagi rada sensitif dari tadi siang, jadi langsung ngerasa kalau lagu ini "It's so me! Oh my Gosh!"

Yap, ketemu dengan lo bagai pisau bermata dua, you'd give me happiness, yet sadness.
Lo datang dengan tiba-tiba dan ngerubah hampir semua hidup gw dan ngasih gw sesuatu yang nggak pernah gw milikin sebelumnya. Tapi tiba-tiba lo pergi, dan luka yang lo tinggalin jauh lebih perih dari luka tersayat-sayat. Gw coba move on, tapi lagi-lagi bayangan lo nggak pernah lepas dari pikiran gw. Bahkan saat gw udah tenang dan nggak mau tau tentang lo lagi, selalu aja ada alasan buat kembali mengorek luka lama itu.

Gw capek, capek akan semuanya. Lo bikin gw takut untuk nyoba jatuh cinta dengan orang lain atau kembali ngebuka hati gw untuk orang lain. Karena gw takut pada akhirnya kisah gw akan berakhir sama.

This heart needs time to mend.

Yes, I only need more time, not to forget you but to love somebody else. Hope it will come sooner. Aamiin.




No comments:

Post a Comment