Saturday, December 17, 2011

Song of the Week: That's Why (You Go Away) from MLTR

Here we go for the little review about my song of the week, That's Why (You Go Away) from Michael Learns to Rock or MLTR for short. But before that, let's hear the song which was very well-known in 90's until now!



Baby won't you tell me why there is sadness in your eyes
I don't wanna say goodbye to you
Love is one big illusion I should try to forget
But there is something left in my head

You're the one who set it up
Now you're the one to make it stop
I'm the one who's feeling lost right now
Now you want me to forget every little thing you said
But there is something left in my head

I won't forget the way you're kissing
The feelings so strong were lasting for so long
But I'm not the man your heart is missing
That's why you go away I know

You were never satisfied no matter how I tried
Now you wanna say goodbye to me
Love is one big illusion I should try to forget
But there is something left in my head

I won't forget the way you're kissing
The feelings so strong were lasting for so long
But I'm not the man your heart is missing
That's why you go away I know

Sitting here all alone in the middle of nowhere
Don't know which way to go
There ain't so much to say now between us
There ain't so much for you
There ain't so much for me anymore

I won't forget the way you're kissing
The feelings so strong were lasting for so long
But I'm not the man your heart is missing
That's why you go away I know
That's why you go away I know.....


It was until few weeks ago I finally realized that this was actually a heartbreak song despite knowing it since decade ago. I used to sing it but never really cared about the lyrics. Then something happened and it resounded on my head all of sudden, over and over again. I earnestly learnt the lyrics and eventually knew that it was for the heartbreak.

It's not like I'm suffered from broken heart thing which pushes me to the edge so I choose this song, but... well, personal reason. I just found this song really amusing (read: really depressing that harshly reminded me of certain case). 

The best most painful part for me is,

You're the one who set it up
Now you're the one to make it stop
I'm the one who's feeling lost right now
Now you want me to forget every little thing you said
But there is something left in my head

It's very ironic, I think. When someone abruptly came to our life, then she/he colored it with something unforgettable, but in the end she/he ended up everything we'd been through bitterly, leaving an unseen painful hole in our chests, feeling lost and helpless. After all the sweet moments we spent, she/he took everything away and wanted us to forget all those moments of togetherness. How cruel.

But life must go on anyhow. No matter how hurt that was, keep moving on. Sooner or later, the wound will heal, even it leaves an obvious scar. Always remember, when your love is unrequited, that's not the end of everything. You deserve someone better to be by your side happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment